Thursday, January 13, 2011

Breakfast

I don't know about you, but I'm not a big breakfast food fan.  Sometimes I like eggs, but most of the time they just don't taste good to me. As for pancakes and waffles, I'll leave that for the Self-Professed Nerd and my son.  But, I decided on a whim to try the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal at McDonald's and it was pretty darn good.  I know, it's not gourmet, but if you're looking for something hearty and a quick for breakfast, this is the ticket.  To my surprise there were lots of apple chunks, raisins, and craisins and the maple flavor was evident, but not overwhelming.  I give it an 8 out of 10 wooden spoons.  :)  I just hope this little gem becomes a permanent part of the Mickey D's menu.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good to know! Sometimes I get up a little later than I want and don't have time to eat at home. It's nice to know there is a good alternative to the Egg McMuffin!